Saturday, December 26, 2009

New articles at Burzum.org

Over the course of the last few weeks there have been several new articles at Burzum.org - dealing with various topics like the announcement of his upcoming album, the announcement that he renamed this album, some kind of explanation why he feels like using a new font for the Burzum "logo" (which actually isn't supposed to be a logo...but anyway - for details check his article on this) on the new album, etc.

I was actually a bit surprised that he changed the title of the album (some time back he probably wouldn't even have thought about doing something like this) - so either he is very desperate as to not piss off too many people with the original album title in order to sell as many copies as possible once it's released or maybe his parole officer "suggested" this move to him.

Anyway, I would now like to deal with this article:



While I personally think that this movie is about the last thing I want to be made, Vikernes is the last person on earth who should have a right to complain about this. Why do I actually think so? Well, short and simple - if he hadn't murdered Euronymous there wouldn't have been a media uproar this massive (and anything that followed due to it) and very probably a book like "Lords of Chaos" wouldn't even exist. So he should blame himself in the first place and then those who are trying to make a quick cash-in out of it. (Those are certainly to be blamed as well, though. But what is to be expected from people who are slaves to a society that is mainly about money, "fame", sensationalism, etc...?)

Now some quotes from the article itself.


"Unfortunately the Lords of Chaos story is not only nonsense; incoherent and utterly contradictive..."

As if his own accounts are not contradictory...

---

"If I want to I can always tell the true story myself, later on, ..."

So, he actually admits that his prior accounts are not the "true story"...? Interesting...

---

"Now, I really don't like it when others spread lies about me, and I can tell my truth well enough without their movie promoting my name..."

MY truth. Well, which isn't necessarily the truth, now is it...?

---

"...so if the movie is a complete failure I will only be happy. If it is a success I will also be happy because that will increase my market value even more. So; good luck, guys, or don't... I really don't care. It's a win-win situation for me."

So if he really doesn't care either way why did he bother to write this?

---

"They never asked Euronymous' family for permission to use his tragic story."

How would he know? I somehow can't imagine they would talk to him about this (or talk to him at all). Vikernes was probably rather thinking along this lines - hey, they didn't ask me so they probably didn't ask anyone else - but this doesn't necessarily need to be the case. Anyway.

The part which really made my jaw drop onto the keyboard was "tragic story" - I really don't know what to think of this. Is this a try to pretend something along the lines of "regretting" the murder? I doubt that. Though I can imagine that there are some people who would read something like that into this statement, something like - oh look he actually seems to care in a way - or whatever. It's very subtle and basically people can read into that whatever they feel like. Which was probably what Vikernes was aiming for.

Also, this "tragic story" statement somehow sounds as if he was only a noninvolved bystander to this and not the CAUSE.

*****

Next is about this article:



"[...] so I don't have the time to translate "Vargr í Véum" ("wolf in the temple", meaning "outlaw"), the book mentioned in "Dagbladet". Not sure when or even if I will translate "VíV" either, because, frankly, I am not very interested in the subject (Black Metal anno 1991-1993) anymore."

And I wonder why he doesn't at least publish the Norwegian version of the book (judging from the article/interview in Dagbladet it seemed to be finished)...? I supppose there are plenty of Norwegian-speaking Burzum fans and/or people who are generally interested in reading this. Somehow this only makes some "sense" when taking a look at the following sentence:


"I am more likely to simply rewrite the whole book in English instead - some time in the future."

So, I am pretty certain this won't come to happen before his probation is over and if it's actually going to happen I wonder if he will come up with something completely new (by the way, I am only referring to the part which deals with the murder) - which would be kind of difficult since he is slowy running out of "possibilities" to come up with something completely new. Let's see, as of now, for example, he already came up with the following (just as a quick reminder - check my other articles for in-depth analyses):


- The blade of the knife was 8cm / 10 cm / undefined length (but definitely long)
- It was sharp / not sharp but pointed
- He inflicted about 3 or 4 stabs / about 14 - 15 (in contrast to the 23 stabs stated in the official reports)
- He wore gloves / he didn't
- The first stab was to Euronymous' face / chest / shoulder or back
- Euronymous fought back / he didn't but fled right away


Hm...so my guess is rather that Vikernes will "adjust" the part of the book that deals with the murder to be more in accordance with his prior accounts (the parts dealing with the first stab now being to the face and the statement that Euronymous actually fought back before running are taken from the excerpts of the book reproduced in the Dagbladet-article) - or more likely he won't write a new version of the book at all. But there has to be a reason why he won't at least publish the Norwegian version...

*****

Next thing that made me wonder is this contact email-address now available at his homepage - there is of course no way to tell if he maintains it himself but if not it's probably done by someone close to him. What actually made me wonder is that this address is hosted at Gmail - if I remember correctly Vikernes has a strong dislike for U.S. Americans and their culture, etc. but it doesn't seem to bother him to have a contact email with an U.S. American hoster while he just as easily could have one with a Norwegian, for example.

4 comments:

Chagrynn said...

Obviously you are not interested in a private conversation with me (as I suggested), alright, so thanks for the link to the old interview you posted in your other comment.

Anonymous said...

It always seemed funny to me that Varg hates Americans/British and the US and UK so much. The ironic thing about this is that most of his fans are American and British. He represents the typical Euro Hater(hates and blames ALL Americans because of Capitalism, Hollywood and politicians). This is the stereo typical narrow mindedness that, sadly, plagues many European countries. Varg is no exception as his continuous, childish, and long winded rants have no doubt consumed his overall person which, in turn, have turned against him in the long run. He reminds me of the kid growing up who never "grew up", changing his views and styles every so often to fit his current obsession. Irony at it's most irnoic and hypocrisy at it's finest: A Norwegian Nationalist who's children's mother is French.? Come again?

Chagrynn said...

Exactly

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at your entire blog yet, so I'm not sure if you covered this. Varg also voices his "dislike" and "disgust" of Venom and Venom's "Black Metal" album, even going so far in one interview to say (I can't quote because I'm not sure of his exact words) that he hates Venom, never liked Venom and how can anyone compare his early music to Venom whatsoever, never being influenced by them. Pure Hypocrisy rears its ugly head again as Varg goes into court for trial for murder wearing, what is that? A Venom "Black Metal" t-shirt. I guess he didn't like what Cronos had to say about his view on influencing second wave black metal bands. I guess he also forgot what he had in his clothes drawer. It seems to me and many Americans, and the British tend to agree with this as many of them have visited many states, that many Europeans tend to view The United States as just "Los Angeles / Hollywood States" instead of 50 individual beautiful States. I have to say this: North America is NOT just Southern California even though that tends to be the "foreign elitist" viewpoint such as Lucifer Sam's comments and Varg's countless interviews go to show. Quick geography lesson for the "foreign elitists":Hollywood is in California and California is one state out of 49 others. You may hate Capitalism but you're sure making some money selling records, and yes, even though it's black metal, I'm sure Varg isn't worried about his car running out of gas on the side of the road anytime soon. I'm sure all his bills are paid and I guarantee you his kids aren't hurting on allowance. "Oh no, a McDonald's opened in my country!! It's those damn American Capitalists!! Down with America!!! Arrgghhhh!!!!" It's no different than Hollywood actors and actresses hating America but reaping the benefits of the almighty paycheck. Euronymous was a genius when it came to making a name and making money and he wasn't ashamed of being labeled as a Capitalist because when it came down to it, he knew the true meaning of "Trve" so he didn't have to try because to him it wasn't about making money. It was about promotion and exposure. This is what Fenriz was trying to explain when he talks about Euronymous' "map with all the pins in it." Only "Varg Lemmings" will agree with him word for word and they're very easy to spot, sorta like bird shit on a black car.