Thursday, June 25, 2009

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is - in short - to show the various lies, history revisionisms and (self)-contradictions Varg Vikernes has come up with over the years - mostly by comparing quotes (and commenting them) from interviews he has done or from articles he wrote himself. And also to show his change of mind over the years on several topics.

In his view now everything he said years ago (that he doesn't agree with anymore, that is) is "taken out of context", "misquoted" or are just "nasty lies spread by his enemies", etc. ...while he is actually the one twisting the truth to fit his agenda... Pathetic. Needless to say that he sees himself as totally innocent and "misunderstood". While this is sad enough by itself it's even sadder that there are a lot of people who fall for his lies completely.

Lies, if only repeated often enough eventually become true in the view of some people.

I have to admit that Vikernes is very skilled (and experienced) in what he is doing; that makes it even more dangerous - I can, to some extent, even comprehend how weak minds can fall for his lies.

When Vikernes murdered Euronymous he was ostracized from the Black Metal community - but of course he didn't waste a single moment to claim that he didn't want to have anything to do with them anymore. Sure, it definitely sounds a lot better if, for example, when you are fired from a job to claim "I quit because I didn't like it anymore" than to admit "I was fired because I fucked up totally"...

I remember a time when Euronymous was hailed as what he was - the creator of Norwegian Black Metal (and now let's face it - without him most of us wouldn't even be listening to Black Metal... and probably no one would care about Vikernes or his music) - and not disdained and everything he has done diminished because of all the bullshit Vikernes (and those who fell for his lies and rumors) spread(s) about him. It became worse, much worse over the years, so much that for me personally it was enough by now - also the fact that Vikernes was now let out of jail on probation was the final impulse for me to start this blog. Well, actually I have had this idea in my head for some years (from the moment I for the first time read that outrageous article "A Burzum Story Part II: Euronymous" in fact - this is also the reason my first article on this blog deals with this text.) - but since normally I am not into writing at all, I was hoping that maybe someone else (with an interest for writing, so to say...) would have the same thoughts on this and start something like this blog. Well, until this day I haven't seen anything like this, so well, here it is - my attempt in presenting the other side of the story... It was about time...

I am very well aware that my attempt in doing so is probably not the best possible outcome - so in case anyone feels inspired by this blog in trying to do better I would definitely welcome it! Also please keep in mind while reading that English is not my native language so any spelling / grammar errors are due to this.

Black Metal is sadly not much more more than a joke these days - but those of us who remember different times shouldn't keep our eyes closed and shake our heads in frustration but instead we should try to do something about it - at least by keeping the old spirit alive; Euronymous was not an ordinary human being - he was special and no one who takes Black Metal seriously should deny this! Well, if you are one of those who believe in anything they read / hear because it sounds comprehensible at first glance without thinking further into it then Black Metal is not for you anyway...

Before I come to the end of this introduction I would like to point out that whenever I use quotes from the book "Lords of Chaos" I use the first edition, published in 1998.

In case you think I take quotes out of context - well, most of the sources I used are just a click away; Lords of Chaos is still in print (as far as I know, that is), etc. - so read the complete texts and see for yourself...

If you have anything to say, a question, etc. leave a comment - or leave your email-address and I will get back to you.

Special greetings and thanks to Drusilla for her support!!!


*****


I dedicate this blog to the memory of

Øystein "Euronymous" Aarseth

Eternal Hails!


3 comments:

Rafael ( hypocrisy47@gmail.com ) said...

this subject is fantastic idea ...

keep in touch if you want to

those who does have the will to find and explore more and more what they are listening, are more than welcomed

kind of hard these days, but...
I'm very interesting in hear more about this outside the media, or incursive interviews, but more personal ones, from those who lived those years, or had a a close relation/link

also, those "these album is dedicated to", what did these days means to them, and the loss of euronymous

that's it take care

Rafael Madrid

Saturday Night Burial said...

You are doing an excellent job in showing what a pathetic liar and traitor Vikernes really is. Keep up the great job!
Also see the movie "Until the Light takes us" for more "interesting" statements from him.

Unknown said...

I remember reading this blog a couple of years ago, happened to stumble upon it once again,I have had most of the views which you have in regards to Euronymous the same as mine. I know truly that we have only been fed one side of the story. I would like to help you write the other side of the story. I have been researching for some years different interviews with different people and many things have been forgotten or at least they have tried to bury it along with Euronymous's memory.


Please reach out to me whenever you can.

Henry.